Original artist: Vertical Church Band
Cause when You speak, when You move, when You do what only You can do…
Download this track!
It changes us, it changes what we see and what we seek.
| Hear other recordings
The following recordings are for HYW on 10/24/2017.
Continue reading 20171024 Youth
- Phil 2:1-11 [show] So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (ESV)
- being transformed in humility
- Andrew Murray re: humility, “…the sense of entire nothingness which comes when we see how truly God is ALL and in which we make way for God to BE all…”
- v1: “if” = since
- “full accord” = one body
- we need to worship and serve together for God’s glory, not our own!
- 3 ingredients to nurture humility:
Continue reading Learning to Think Biblically About: Humility